For our office in Brussels, we are looking for an Accounting Assistant to reinforce the accounting team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of accounting activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
You will report to the Finance Manager, also based in Brussels.
In your role of Accounting Assistant, you will carry out the various operations related to the general ledger, including encoding, daily accounting, closing operations, VAT, etc. in order to ensure accurate and complete books are provided in due time and in compliance with legal and tax obligations.
Main responsibilities of this position to ensure the above mentioned missions are:
- Prepare and post monthly journal entries and adjustments, including supporting documentation and appropriate descriptions;
- Assist in the preparation of the VAT returns and IC Listings;
- Prepare payment lists and follow-up on approval, manage petty cash transactions;
- Process bank statements and reconciliation of the bank statement balances to the general ledger accounts;
- Draft and follow-up on invoices from lawyers in accordance with their self-billing agreement;
- Follow-up on client invoices and A/R;
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of Fixed Assets Balances to Fixed Assets Register and report on any discrepancies with the plan for the year;
- Backup of the Payable Assistants;
- Support the Senior Accountant in the monthly closing activities and in the Balance Sheet reconciliation.
Desired skills and competencies:
- A Bachelor degree in Belgian accounting (or equivalent);
- Experience with accounting principles and with VAT;
- Excellent command of English and French or Dutch;
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, rigorous and flexible;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both orally and in writing);
- Strong knowledge of MS office and Excel in particular (VLookup, Pivot table, …);
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner;
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.