For our office in Brussels, we are looking for an Accounting Coordinator to reinforce the accounting team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of accounting activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
You will report to the Finance Manager, also based in Brussels.
As Accounting Coordinator, you will carry out the various operations related to the general ledger, including encoding, daily accounting, closing operations, VAT, etc. in order to ensure accurate and complete books are provided in due time and in compliance with legal and tax obligations.
Your main responsibilities to ensure the above mentioned missions are:
- Preparing and supporting the daily accounting activities/processes with the Accounts Payables Assistants and liaising with HR for payroll;
- Managing the monthly VAT/Intra Community declaration;
- Processing the payroll accounting;
- Executing all the Balance Sheet accounts reconciliation with the assistance of the G/L Assistant;
- Supporting the accounting closing activities including the inter-office invoicing;
- Being in charge of the lawyers’ invoices in line with their self-billing agreement;
- Ensuring that all financial data meet the US GAAP and BE GAAP accounting standards and the Belgian tax rules;
- Participating in the definition of tools and processes to improve quality of data encoded;
- Preparing detailed supporting documents as needed for external Belgian audit team and Global Compliance and tax teams in support of the Belgian and Global statutory audit;
- Posting Client Cash Receipts and following up the bank accounts balance.
Desired skills and competencies:
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in Belgian accounting (or equivalent);
- A passion for accountancy and a genuine interest in the legal industry. A first experience in the legal industry is a plus;
- Minimum three years of experience with Belgian accounting principles, VAT and payroll reconciliation;
- Excellent command of English and French or Dutch.
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, rigorous and flexible;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills (both orally and in writing);
- Strong knowledge of MS office and Excel in particular (VLookup, Pivot table, …);
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner;
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit.
What we can offer:
- Flexible working arrangements;
- Support to build a successful career with a wide range of missions;
- Good work life balance;
- International environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values.
If you recognize yourself in this profile, please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.