Global Knowledge Product Manager
In order to strengthen the firm’s knowledge function, we are seeking an experienced Knowledge Product Manager to join our global team.
The knowledge function is responsible for the design, creation and management of a suite of knowledge solutions which enable Partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of business development and client delivery.
The position will be based in Brussels. Reporting into our Global Knowledge Solutions Lead, based in New York, the successful candidate will work with a team of knowledge experts, engineers and designers to deliver knowledge solutions products with an integrated and consistent user interface that will be used to positively impact the firm’s global practice.
We offer the opportunity to help shape our approach to knowledge and practice development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lifecycle of knowledge solutions. Responsible for cradle-to-grave lifecycle of the firm’s knowledge solutions products from conception onward.
- Business Analysis. Gather business requirements from key stakeholders, develop output and establish service levels to meet agreed business priorities.
- Global products management. Manage global products that take into account local requirements and preferences whilst retaining a common and global approach. Set and maintain quality standards of output and deliverables. Optimize a blend of internally developed and third-party solutions to create best-of-breed products.
- Management information. Review, monitor and analyze knowledge products for effectiveness and impact. Report and present progress on a regular basis to relevant stakeholders through accurate, and actionable, management information.
- Continuous Improvement. Continuously improve, enrich and extend knowledge products over time to continue to adapt and evolve to changing requirements.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience in a commercial or professional services sector. Legal background preferred but not essential.
- Educated to graduate level. Post graduate qualification in an information or research related discipline preferred (but not essential).
- Fluent in English (any other language is an asset).
- Ability to work globally and interpret and translate business requirements into products.
- Focus on actionable outputs and deliverables with understanding of, and ability to use, innovative techniques to display information and data.
- Excellent understanding of the critical success criteria for knowledge solutions products.
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience of communicating with non-technical audiences on complex technical solutions and matters.
- Customer focused approach to service delivery.
- Agile project management methodologies and strong understanding of user experience design.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent presentation skills and an exacting attention to detail in all work product.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in a dynamic, international and multicultural environment with diverse personalities at all levels of the Firm, in a culture of consensus.
- Strong initiative, high energy and enjoys being hands-on; ability to be creative and innovative in reaching solutions.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and go the extra mile are some of the core values then please send your cover letter and resume to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.