Human Resources Assistant – Professional Development
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant to strengthen our Brussels team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of HR activities related to professional development and to become a member of a dynamic team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
He/she will report to the Human Resources Manager, also based in Brussels.
The Human Resources Assistant will provide support in the firm’s Professional Development initiatives toward its legal staff.
In particular, the Human Resources Assistant will be in charge of:
- Organizing the annual performance reviews for stagiaires and associates, including the collection of feedback and the drafting of review reports (minimum 50 percent of overall job description).
- Coordinating the mentoring program for lawyers.
- Coordinating the coaching program for lawyers.
- Supporting the implementation of new projects, such as professional development meetings.
- Providing backup for other HR-related matters when necessary.
Desired skills and competencies:
- Relevant experience in HR-related activities as specified above, ideally in a law firm or, alternatively, in an international business environment.
- A passion for HR and a genuine interest in the legal industry.
- English at native speaker level, ideally complemented with Dutch or French; any additional language is considered a plus.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and relevant HR tools.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both orally and in writing).
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, by building credibility and trust with staff members throughout the firm.
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner.
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, reliable, and flexible.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritise workload, and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion, and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.