Human Resources Specialist
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to strengthen our Brussels team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of HR activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
You will report to the Human Resources Manager, also based in Brussels.
As Human Resources Specialist, you will be in charge of:
- Planning and organizing the recruiting season to proactively ensure the attraction of the best summer associates, stagiaires, and associates for our EU Competition practice
- Coordinating job fairs, organizing student receptions, and participating in other recruiting events, in Brussels or abroad, to meet candidates and promote Cleary Gottlieb
- Liaising with candidates and organising interviews with legal staff, together with HR assistants
- Following-up on candidate interviews and coordinating with the Recruiting Committee on final recruiting decisions
- Managing spontaneous applications through different recruiting channels
- Coordinating the annual summer associates program
- Providing support to the alumni program
- Developing new HR processes or initiatives to continuously improve ongoing activities
Desired skills and competencies:
- Minimum three years of recruiting experience in a legal/international business environment, or a legal background with a desire to reorient your career toward HR
- A passion for HR and a genuine interest in the legal industry
- Excellent command of English and Dutch or French. Any other language is an asset
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and relevant HR tools
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, by building credibility and trust with staff members throughout the firm
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, reliable, and flexible
- Flexibility to travel to different countries, including occasionally over the weekends
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritise workload, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion, and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.