Human Resources Specialist
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to strengthen our Brussels team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of HR activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
He/she will report to the Human Resources Manager, also based in Brussels.
The Human Resources Specialist will help out in the all-round performance of the HR team’s daily tasks and responsibilities, mainly in relation to our professional staff (+/- 100 employees).
In particular, the Human Resources Specialist will be in charge of:
- Liaising with our external payroll provider to coordinate and guarantee a smooth payroll process.
- Ensuring correct application of Belgian social legislation and staying up to date in this regard.
- Establishing a positive relationship with all staff members to answer HR related queries and provide counsel, while also acting as the official Person of Trust for the Brussels office.
- Coordinating administrative requirements in relation to transfer and secondment of staff members (e.g., visa, work permit, professional card).
- Working closely together with our Health & Safety Coordinator and taking initiatives to foster the wellbeing of both professional and legal staff in the office.
- Taking the lead on recruitment of professional staff, whenever vacancies occur.
- Participate in local or global HR projects and further develop or implement them.
- Provide back-up for other HR team members when necessary.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HR sciences
- Minimum three years’ experience in HR-related activities as specified above, preferably in a legal or international business environment
- A passion for HR and a genuine interest in the legal industry
- Fluent in French or Dutch and a very good knowledge of English
- Excellent knowledge of Belgian social legislation and payroll processes
- Comfortable with project and change management
- Good command of Microsoft applications and relevant HR tools (payroll and time registration)
- Excellent organizational and communication skills (both orally and in writing)
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, by building credibility and trust with staff members throughout the firm
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, reliable, and flexible
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritize workload, and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion, and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.