Human Resources Specialist
We are seeking a Human Resources Specialist to strengthen our Brussels team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of HR activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement and high performance.
He/she will report to the Human Resources Manager, also based in Brussels.
The Human Resources Specialist will help out in the all-round performance of the HR team’s daily tasks and responsibilities, both in relation to legal and professional staff.
In particular, the Human Resources Specialist will be in charge of:
- Coordinating transfers and secondments of legal staff, including handling all necessary administrative requirements (e.g., visa’s, work permits, professional cards);
- Guiding arriving and departing legal staff through a smooth on-boarding and off-boarding process;
- Ensuring the correct calculation of legal fees and bonuses;
- Managing ad-hoc HR related projects;
- Providing back-up for staffing matters (requests, reports, tool), when necessary.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum three years’ experience in HR-related activities as specified above, ideally in a law firm or, alternatively, in an international business environment;
- A passion for HR and a genuine interest in the legal industry;
- Excellent command of English, Dutch and French;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and relevant HR tools;
- Excellent organisational and communication skills (both orally and in writing);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment, by building credibility and trust with staff members throughout the firm;
- Ability to perform effectively in a service-oriented environment and demonstrating professional ethic and manner;
- Pro-active work attitude, results-oriented, reliable and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritise workload and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work independently while at the same time showing a true team spirit.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While we would like to respond to all applicants, we only contact those applicants we are interested in meeting.