We are seeking a Billing Coordinator to strengthen our Billing team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of billing activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
The Billing Coordinator will report to and work closely together with the Senior Billing Manager, based in Frankfurt and Brussels, to support the overall client billing function.
In particular, the Billing Coordinator will:
- Prepare bills including narrative descriptions, transfers, and on account applications, with high attention to detail.
- Review timekeeper diaries and costs for compliance with client’s outside counsel guidelines, including the processing of corrections as needed to minimize delays in uploading or rejection of the client invoices/e-bills.
- Monitor bill processing status and perform necessary follow up.
- Review Engagement Letters and Outside Counsel Guidelines.
- Submit and coordinate client invoice/e-bills to client and third party e-billing vendor websites utilizing e-billing templates and other software tools.
- Prepare accruals of unbilled time as requested by client contacts.
- Maintain client volume discount spreadsheets.
- Regularly monitor bill processing status and other necessary follow up to ensure successful processing and timely payment to the firm.
- Meet with partners and other lawyers regularly to discuss status of client matter and to confirm strategy and timing of invoice submission.
- Review and monitor client billing arrangements, client billing addresses, and other related information maintained in the firms Matter Intake System (MatterHub).
- Provide analysis support to partners related to fees billed on related clients.
- Participate in the implementation and testing of system upgrades to billing related software.
- Identify, apply, and report client receipts.
- Participate in projects as they arise.
Desired skills and competencies
- Minimum three years of legal billing experience required in a high volume automated environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and make informed judgements and decisions, but equally in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Aderant is considered an advantage.
- Knowledge of VAT and SRA rules and regulations.
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple assignments, use initiative and judgement to accomplish results, work under pressure, and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely, and professional manner.
- Ability to anticipate clients’ needs and future requests based on trends.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion, and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.