We seek project attorneys to assist the Firm’s associates and partners in the management of document review, analysis and production for the Firm’s litigation, antitrust, and securities enforcement practice areas.
Summary of Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews documents for responsiveness to document requests;
- Assists in on-site client interviews and document production;
- Assists the Firm’s partners and associates in responding to interrogatories;
- Conducts research into the industry that is the subject of a document request;
- Assists in developing plans and procedures for document production;
- Works with and, where appropriate, directs and trains paralegals and temporary attorneys; and
- Assists the Firm in other matters not related to document production if and when needed.
- Candidates must possess a law degree and be an active member of a bar in good standing
- Prior document review experience, especially on larger scale projects and with some supervisory responsibility
- Ability to work in at least two of the major European languages (working language is English), additional languages are a plus
- Effective oral and written communication skills, organizational skills, diplomacy, and customer service
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must be a team player, able to work in a fast paced international environment
The Project Attorney position is a temporary, as-needed position that is ineligible for firm benefits. There is no weekly minimum expectation or guarantee of hours worked, though candidates must be prepared to work 40 hours per week with some overtime. Supervisors: Staff Attorney, Associates and Partners. Candidates must be able to work in the EU and occasionally travel to meet the needs of the cases to which s/he is assigned.
Who to Contact:
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to
Rue de la Loi 57 1040 Brussels