Corporate Practice Development Specialist
Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton is an internationally renowned law firm, with a proven history of providing creative and innovative legal solutions for our clients. Our Brussels office, situated at the heart of Europe, is staffed by a diverse and multilingual team of lawyers from more than 25 nationalities.
We are currently seeking a dynamic, committed, and skilled Corporate Practice Development Specialist. This person will become an integral member of our wider Practice Development team, who are responsible for legal research and knowledge management in the Brussels office.
The Corporate Practice Development Specialist will work closely with our lawyers from the Brussels corporate practice and support them on a broad range of Belgian law questions and corporate matters, including research, case team support, and drafting and reviewing legal documents. The successful candidate will be adept at understanding complex legal documents, possess strong research skills, and demonstrate a firm understanding of Belgian law.
- Perform substantive legal work requiring an understanding of legal concepts, in particular in the field of corporate law;
- Perform thorough legal and factual research on a variety of corporate legal matters (this will often involve evaluating, interpreting and summarizing legislation, case law, commentary, and business documents);
- Be closely involved in drafting and reviewing briefs, memoranda, legal opinions, presentations, and publications;
- Provide organizational support to case teams and assist with corporate transactions;
- Monitor and analyze developments from a wide range of legal topics;
- Contribute to internal knowledge management projects.
Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s degree in Belgian law (in exceptional circumstances, a bachelor’s degree will be considered);
- Previous experience in corporate law and/or in an international legal services environment is a strong advantage;
- Excellent command of English and Dutch or French (a good working knowledge of the other national language), any other European language is an asset;
- Proficient use of Microsoft applications;
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills (both oral and written);
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and to build credibility and trust with colleagues;
- Proactive work attitude, resourceful, results-oriented, reliable, and flexible;
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, work under pressure, prioritize workload, and adhere to deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-based environment.
What We Offer
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, and ongoing learning and development options. We also offer the opportunity to not only work closely with a highly specialized team of lawyers, but also to join our well-established and respected Practice Development Team of experienced professionals, who are dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of excellence.
How to Apply
If you are ready to bring your knowledge and enthusiasm to an international environment where respect, collegiality, integrity, and excellence are the core values, we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this full-time, Brussels-based Corporate Practice Development Specialist position, please submit your CV and a cover letter explaining why you believe you are a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org.