Performs a variety of duties to support the overall client billing function including processing pre-bills and final bills and to support the accounts receivable function for billing partners including collections and client relations.
- Producing and distributing pre-bills for all assigned billing attorneys from the Aderant Accounting System.
- Editing pre-bills based on billing attorneys’ instructions.
- Creating and issuing invoices and/or processing write offs for all clients in the Aderant Accounting System, based on billing instructions.
- Responding to ad hoc requests for client information.
- Responsible for managing WIP and attending billing meetings with Partners to ensure prompt billing.
- Responsible for identifying, applying and reporting client receipts.
- Assist in projects as they arise.
Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum three years of legal billing experience required in a high volume automated environment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills required to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff and the ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Experience with Aderant would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of VAT and SRA rules and regulations.
- Ability to organise and prioritise multiple assignments, use initiative and judgement to accomplish results, work under pressure and complete job assignments in an accurate, timely and professional manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to LonLegalRecruit@cgsh.com
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Cleary is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.