We have an opportunity in London for a Compliance Analyst.
This is a widely varied role where the ability to build key relationships effectively at all levels is essential. You will be responsible for supporting the Compliance Manager and the firm’s Compliance Team in day-to-day tasks relating to all aspects of risk and compliance.
- Providing administrative support to the Compliance Manager. This includes tracking the compliance training programme; updating the Compliance Intranet page, assisting with the production of the Compliance newsletter, managing compliance expenses and arranging training and travel.
- Providing compliance assistance and advice in relation to the onboarding of new suppliers. Ensuring new suppliers complete the onboarding forms, checking suppliers, ensuring confidentiality agreements are in place and reviewing and risk rating supplier questionnaires.
- Maintaining the firm’s compliance registers ensuring the breach register is updated, updating the risk, undertakings and complaints register as and when necessary.
- Monitoring legal sites for pending legislative changes, particularly in relation to SRA updates, changes to Anti-Money Laundering, Data Protection, monitoring suites such as the Law Society, ICO FATF and reporting any relevant articles to the Compliance team.
- Performing key tasks in relation to the firm’s authorisation with the SRA. Monitoring lawyer bar renewals and assisting he Compliance Manager with maintaining the Firm’s SRA profile.
- Providing compliance assistance and advice in relation to the onboarding of clients, particularly in respect to engagement letters and conflict checks. Responding to queries from secretaries and partners.
- Attendance at compliance meetings and taking minutes.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong communication and organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Understanding of corporate structures including companies, trusts, partnerships etc.
- Previous experience in a similar role (not essential).
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.