EMEA Proposals Manager
This is a newly established role to focus on supporting the European, ME and Asia offices of Cleary Gottlieb on the most important proposals, applying best practice and training to partners and the wider Business Development team. The Proposals Manager will be responsible for leading on the firm’s development of pitch responses for big pitch opportunities, supporting the Partnership in these areas on the preparation and strategic implementation of firm proposals and client-facing pitch opportunities.
- Objectively analyse incoming big pitch opportunities, proposing decisions to partners and manage a portfolio of pitches simultaneously, including facilitating and leading meetings, agreeing strategy and messaging, drafting and reviewing content from a marketing perspective and coaching deal teams on winning proposals. The ideal candidate must promote quality of thinking and performance that adds value to each pitch proposition.
- Work on a collaborative basis with Business Development, Marketing Communications, Marketing Technology and Graphic Design to implement and maintain pitch information in the Firm's experience management and pitch system, Foundation.
- Ensure the inclusion of client research, competitor analysis and industry and sector information in all pitch strategies. Creating visual presentations for internal and external clients with a particular emphasis on new business pitches and writing initial drafts.
- Leading pitches in accordance with best practice. Developing the pitch strategy, including win themes and value proposition.
- Coordinate presentation rehearsals and lead training and coaching on style, approach and messaging. Deliver training on pitch best practice to increase efficiencies and improve success rates. The role will require coaching the partners through the entire process from kick off meeting to presentation stage.
- Developing pitch content that is compelling and focused on the client. Finalising and submitting pitches in line with the client's instructions and driving a truly client-centric approach to the firm's end to end pitching process.
- Continually develop and look to innovate the firm's approach to winning business, conducting win/loss reviews for major proposals, identify themes from win/loss reviews conducted across the firm and take action appropriately.
- Develop and implement an efficiency model for pitching across the practice, developing and implementing them for pitching, and to support the development and delivery of best in class
- proposals and tender responses.
- Conducting client debriefs to capture feedback and leading pitch debrief reviews, to help improve the way the firm approached proposals going forward.
- The role holder will be expected to develop an intimate working knowledge of the firm, it’s practices, clients and industries it serves and will operate as the focal point for proposals.
- Experience coaching senior figures is essential.
- Knowledge and prior experience of Foundation is ideal.
- The role holder will be expected to have a track record of successfully managing proposals end-to-end in a professional services environment.
- Self-starting, enthusiastic and motivated
- Be proactive and take a hands on approach
- Ability to work with and motivate Senior figures and lawyers.
- Proven ability to organise and manage a diverse range of projects, prioritising multiple tasks with competing deadline. Effective time and project management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, the ability to look at a document and spot conflicting pieces of information on the same topic.
- An ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information.
- Experience in dealing with a demanding workload and conflicting priorities.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to LonLegalRecruit@cgsh.com
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Cleary is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.