To manage all internal and externally facing events from development and planning through the event’s conclusion. The Events Manager will act as the liaison between the event host and the relevant individuals/departments involved in the delivery of the event. Events include but are not limited to conferences, training events, speaking events, client entertainment, networking events and firm social events, within the London, European and Asia offices.
- Planning, coordinating, and executing the logistics for events and performing post event wrap up. Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, event production timeline creation, venue selection, catering, design work, budget management, audio/visual needs, contract negotiations, speaker/entertainment procurement, invitation creation, co-ordinate presentations from speakers and formatting as necessary, registration and invitation list management (pre and post event), ROI reporting, events statistics, and event debriefs;
- Working on a collaborative basis with internal stakeholders including Partners, Human Resources, Business Development, Marketing Communications, CRM/e-marketing, Public Relations and Alumni Relations teams on strategic planning and logistics for their respective events;
- Working on a collaborative basis with internal and external stakeholders including, reception, facilities, IT, PAs, AAs and office services teams and external providers and venues on logistical arrangements for events;
- Establishing and cultivating relationships with vendors and industry professionals to ensure that the Firm receives the highest level of services;
- Staying current on what is happening in London (and collaborating with events personnel in other offices) including new venues, event trends, entertainment and event technology;
- Updating and maintaining the Firm and London office calendars, CRM system and assisting with event related correspondence;
- Supporting European offices with events and engagement. Traveling to other offices as necessary for on-site event execution;
- Other projects as assigned.
- Experience with events management tools, prior experience/familiarity with InterAction is advantageous;
- Experience and demonstrable understanding of a professional services environment and extensive strategic events experience in a business-to-business environment;
- Knowledge and industry contacts in the events/corporate hospitality sector across EMEA, with a keen eye on ’value for money’ and introducing cost-efficiencies an advantage;
- Team player with superior client service skills and attention to detail and quality;
- Flexibility to work outside of standard office hours, as needed, to attend events and complete necessary and time sensitive tasks;
- High level of administrative and organisational skills to manage multiple and competing work flows and priorities;
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and team management skills to guide multiple stakeholders in delivering on an event/project.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to LonLegalRecruit@cgsh.com
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Cleary is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.