Global Research Lead
The Global Research Lead will lead, shape, and develop Cleary’s research strategy and program in alignment with the wider Practice Development strategy and objectives.
The Global Research Lead is responsible for a range of activities with particular emphasis on establishing services and products to support the partners’ and the firm’s business development activities. The Global Research Lead will report to the Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer (CKSO) and will manage all research activities and personnel to provide a leading practice service that had demonstrable impact on Cleary’s client service and business development outcomes.
- Work with the CKSO to determine, articulate and deliver Cleary’s research strategy and program.
- Gather business requirements from key stakeholders (including the Business Development Committee) and develop output and establish service levels to meet agreed business priorities.
- Manage a global service that is conscious of local requirements and preferences whilst retaining a common and global approach; set and maintain quality standards of output and deliverables.
- Manage the processes to review and monitor the research strategy and its impact, and report progress on a regular basis to relevant stakeholders through accurate, and actionable, management information.
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to research and remain abreast of new and emerging trends including technologies, vendors, user habits/trends and delivery models and reflect these in the research strategy and program as appropriate.
- Act as a key member of the Practice Development leadership team and influence the overall Practice Development strategy by acting as an advocate for the research program in leadership meetings and discussions.
- Establish a program of continuous improvement to ensure research strategy and deliverables continue to adapt and evolve.
- Optimize the use of external content and vendor licenses (in conjunction with the Global Librarian) to ensure research output is leveraging the best/most appropriate content and complies with agreements etc.
- Lead a global team of research professionals, taking personal responsibility for the performance management and skills and career development of direct reports.
- Supervise any additional Practice Development resources as required.
- Participate in regular meetings of the Practice Development program and associated and relevant project meetings.
- Provide research-related support as assigned by the Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer.
- Liaise with other business support functions as necessary in course of duties.
- Experienced research lead with proven track record of leading a research program in a commercial or professional services organization. Legal background preferred but not essential.
- Educated to graduate level. Post graduate qualification in an information or research related discipline preferred (but not essential).
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a global leadership position.
- Strong understanding of research techniques and technologies.
- Ability to work globally and interpret and translate business requirements into research output.
- Focus on actionable outputs and deliverables with understanding of, and ability to use, innovative techniques to display information and data.
- Excellent understanding of the critical success factors for a research function.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.