IT Support Analyst
We have an opportunity in London for an IT Support Analyst.
The primary responsibilities of this role are to provide first and second line technical support for all incidents and service requests reported to the Service Desk or assigned to the Service Desk queue. The role provides telephone and desk side support for local and non-local users, as part of the global service desk.
- Act as a single point of contact for incidents and service requests reported via telephone calls and emails.
- Ensure that all incidents and service requests are logged and assigned correctly.
- Take ownership of incidents and service requests ensuring that they are responded to and resolved in a timely manner whilst escalating incidents/service requests that cannot be resolved to appropriate teams and provide ongoing communications with users.
- Maintain a high degree of customer service for all service requests and adhere to all Service Desk processes, procedures and policies.
- Provide applications support in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Lotus Notes, mobile devices, iManage and all other firmwide applications.
- Provide desktop hardware, printer, remote access and mobile device support.
- Provide AV and VC conference room support for internal\client meetings and events.
- Assignment and escalation of incidents to third line support teams and vendors as appropriate, with a detailed handover of the incident or service request.
- Assist with building the User Support Knowledgebase by gathering information and publishing support documentation.
- Participate in all firmwide IT initiatives.
Skills and Competencies:
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with excellent telephone manner and professional demeanor.
- Ability to effectively document in detail, events pertaining to open issues.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as individually.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing flow of support calls and technical assistance; remain productive during quiet times; be able to multitask effectively during busy times and remain professional and patient during high pressure situations.
- Be self-motivated to on the job training and continuous personal development.
- Be able to be flexible with work hours and accommodate overtime at short notice. Weekend work will be required when necessary.
- Be able to work on a shift pattern alternating between the following times Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30; 09:30-17:30; 11:00-19:00.
The following skills and competencies are desirable but not essential for the role:
- Experience of MCP, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network + certification.
- Knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems with emphasis on Windows 7, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes and document management systems such as iManage or PC Docs preferable.
- Knowledge of Lenovo hardware, iPads, iPhones, Androids, BlackBerry, Mobile Iron, HP helpful.
- Knowledge of Active Directory (reset password, unlock account).
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.