Practice Development Assistant
We are seeking a Practice Development Assistant to strengthen our London team on an initial 12 month contract.
The Practice Development team support lawyers, practice groups, and other business support groups, with a particular focus on maintaining and developing repositories of information on matters and coordination of related activities for a range of practices.
Responsibilities included but are not limited to:
- Working with the Practice Development Lead and Practice Development Lawyers to support their priorities.
- Conducting matter tracking on behalf of practice groups and the Business Development team.
- Maintaining knowledge tools (portal pages, wikis, matter databases) and know-how repositories to ensure content is current and easily accessible via search/browse.
- Uploading and classifying precedent and other documents to a variety of knowledge tools.
- Attending post-closing meetings with senior lawyers and complete post-closing activities as directed by Practice Development Lawyers.
- Supporting learning & development initiatives with particular focus on Practice Development tools and resources.
- Conducting legal and business-related research enquiries as necessary.
- Supporting news and communications activities to maintain current awareness programs.
Desired Skills and Competencies
- Ideally a law degree/GDL/LPC and previous experience working in a law firm in an administrative role
- Strong understanding of legal terminology and processes
- Ability to manage workload and work independently
- Confident and able to interact with senior personnel
- Ability to work in a team environment and flexible approach to working with and supporting colleagues
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills needed to manage time, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to assume increasing responsibility.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to LonLegalRecruit@cgsh.com
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Cleary is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.