Practice Development Specialist - M&A
Purpose: Responsible for supporting Practice Development Lawyers, Senior Practice Development Specialist, and the wider Practice Development program with particular focus on providing support with knowledge sharing initiatives as well as day-to-day responsibility for and maintenance of knowledge related solutions and tools.
- Work closely with the Practice Development Lawyers and Senior Practice Development Specialist to help implement the Practice Development strategy and associated services.
- Provide support to the Practice Development Lawyer and practice groups focused on M&A and related corporate practice groups, such as IP, Tax, and Employment.
- Maintain knowledge tools and know-how repositories to ensure that content is current and relevant; perform content management activities, under direction of the Practice Development Lawyers and Senior Practice Development Specialist, to ensure appropriate protocols with regard to client/confidential information are complied with.
- Work alongside the Knowledge Solutions team to develop and maintain knowledge channels (portal pages, Practice Sites, Matter Management tools, etc.) for assigned content areas to facilitate access (search/browse) to relevant know-how and expertise.
- Work with matter teams to harvest know-how in alignment with approved content plans that are developed by the Practice Development Lawyers in conjunction with the practice groups, Knowledge Solutions, and overall Practice Development.
- Act as a point of contact for enquiries on Cleary work product and matter experience and expertise.
- Work with other business support functions such as Library & Information Services, Business Development, and Learning and Development.
- Gather end-user feedback on a continuous basis for input into practice group programs and overall Cleary program.
- Support offered to practice groups on substantive and non-substantive legal research (e.g., on internal resources and content).
- Support news and communication activities to maintain current awareness programs.
Qualifications & Experience
- 2-4 years’ experience working in a legal or professional services organization.
- Experience working in a corporate legal organization preferred.
- An interest in working in Legal Practice Development and Knowledge Management.
- Experience of working in a global environment and team and ability to work collaboratively.
- Subject matter expertise and experience in knowledge solutions and key principles of knowledge and content management.
- Understanding of knowledge and business requirements of lawyers or similar.
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent.
- Legal background/law degree preferred.