Professional Responsibility Analyst
Assisting the Professional Responsibility and Risk team globally in advising senior management, partners, legal and office staff on legal matters affecting the Firm, especially on-boarding new clients and matters in line with the Firm’s procedures with a focus on conflicts. The role includes: the production and maintenance of policies in key areas; the implementation of internal risk processes; and the provision of relevant training. Responsible for advising on day to day conflicts queries. Producing and providing first level analysis of reports for Conflict Check Requests relating to new business, Lateral Hires and Trade Report Requests Required to react to new and pressing situations and provide clear and commercial advice.
- Producing and providing first level analysis of reports for Conflict Check Requests relating to new business, Lateral Hires and Trade Report Requests
- Facilitating the client and matter on-boarding process in London, particularly by conducting risk checks on new clients and new mandates involving conflicts and confidentiality (legal and commercial), client due diligence, jurisdictional, and reputational risk analysis;
- Carrying out analysis and identifying any additional information required or steps to be taken (for example, the setting up of information barrier arrangements or insider lists);
- Assisting in the drafting and execution of engagement letters;
- Assisting with maintaining databases, breach log, risk registers and internal know-how.
- Assisting with risk support to the Firm’s procurement function;
- Undertaking research and analysis; and
- Working on ad hoc projects that arise from to-to-time.
Skills and Competencies
- Experience of client on-boarding, ideally gained in an international law firm/professional services firm/financial institution. Good understanding of conflicts rules as well as geo-politics and related governance issues. Familiar (or ready to become familiar) with professional bar rules and AML and sanctions regulations applicable to the Firm’s activities.
- Experience with Legal Key, IntApp Open or other conflicts management tools is a plus but not required.
- Good understanding of corporate structures, including companies, trusts and partnerships.
- Strong communication and organisational skills with the ability to give clear written advice.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and multitask, work in an organised manner and keep detailed & timely notes.
- Takes time to break down issues into component parts and asks appropriate questions to ensure understanding before embarking on a task.
- Identifies own development needs by proactively seeking feedback to improve performance; Proactively seeks opportunities to work on different types of matters to challenge existing knowledge and skills.
- Is an enthusiastic team member, readily assisting on tasks which may be repetitive/administrative where necessary. Takes pride in team success.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to LonLegalRecruit@cgsh.com
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward any unsolicited resumes. Cleary is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited.