Recruitment and Development Assistant
The London office is seeking a Recruitment and Development Assistant to join its Human Resources team.
Legal and Business Support Recruitment
Provide assistance to the HR team to coordinate all aspects of the office’s lateral and business support
- Assist with the drafting and posting of job descriptions for all active roles.
- Manage the recruitment database to ensure timely review and response to all agency and direct applicants.
- Coordinate interview scheduling and testing where necessary.
- Assist with offer paperwork and pre‐employment screening processes.
- Provide assistance to the HR team and Graduate Recruitment Committee on all aspects of the office’s graduate recruitment activities:
- Coordinate all aspects of the office’s participation in law fairs and other recruitment presentation and events throughout the UK. Attend law fairs and other events as a representative of the HR team.
- Review and assess applications for vacation schemes and training contracts.
- Coordinate all aspects of the vacation scheme and training contract interview processes, including the assessment process.
- Coordinate all aspects of the winter, spring and summer vacation schemes, liaise with vacation scheme participants before and after the scheme, secure scheme participation from required supervisors / mentors and presenters.
- Assist in preparing vacation scheme and training contract offer documentation.
- Assist with the update of the Graduate Recruitment Brochure, advertisements, including maintenance of the existing law firm profiles and other information published in leading graduate recruitment guidebooks and online databases.
- Coordinate all aspects of the U.S. summer associate programme, including immigration, temporary housing and events management.
- Provide assistance to the HR team coordinating the annual and mid‐year review processes for legal and business support staff.
- Provide assistance to the HR team coordinating the seat rotation and mid‐seat review processes for trainee solicitors.
Skills and Competencies
- Well developed and professional interpersonal skills; ability to interact effectively with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work in a team environment and autonomously.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Organisational skills needed to manage time, prioritise effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
- Willingness to assume increasing responsibility.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV and covering letter to KAPearce@cgsh.com