Practice Development Assistant
Responsible for supporting the Practice Development Manager, the wider Practice Development team and related practice groups, with particular focus on supporting the management of knowledge sharing initiatives for a range of practices including Litigation, Finance & Restructuring, and European Financial Regulatory.
- Work with the Practice Development Manager and Lawyers to implement the Practice Development strategy;
- Upload and classify precedent and other documents to a variety of knowledge tools;
- Work with colleagues to conduct Matter Profiling activities on behalf of practice groups;
- Work alongside the global Knowledge Solutions team to develop and maintain knowledge channels (portal pages, Practice Sites, Matter Management tools, etc.) to facilitate access to relevant know-how and matter expertise;
- Support the development of Cleary’s innovation offering, with a focus on legal technology products, AI, and project management;
- Support monitoring legal and market developments to maintain current awareness programmes;
- Conduct administrative tasks under direction of the Practice Development Manager to support operational processes;
- Support the Library & Information Services team with a variety of activities, including external resource log-in and document requests;
- Work with other business support functions such as Business Development and Learning & Development.
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level, or equivalent;
- Experience working in a law firm (advantageous but not essential);
- Experience in an administrative role;
- Good understanding of legal terminology and processes;
- Ability to work independently and act proactively;
- Confident and able to interact with senior personnel;
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to prioritise effectively and balance multiple deadlines;
- Willingness to assume increasing responsibility.