Compensation and Benefits
At Cleary, compensation is highly competitive and structured in a unique way.
Every trainee, associate and partner is compensated solely on the basis of seniority, not hours billed or business generated. We expect each lawyer to give his or her best and to strive for excellence.
- Annual compensation of £50,000 for first-year trainees.
- Annual compensation of £55,000 for second-year trainees.
- Annual compensation of £133,000 for first-year associates.
- 25 days’ vacation per year (exclusive of normal public holidays)
- 5% pension contribution
- Gym membership subsidy
- Private health care cover
- Life insurance
- Dental insurance
- Health screening
- Long-term disability insurance
- Back-up care
- Employee assistance programme
- Subsidised staff restaurant
- We fund the Legal Practice Course for all our future trainee solicitors.
- For nonlaw graduates, we also fund the Graduate Diploma in Law. In each year of professional study, we pay a maintenance grant of £8,000.