Work is assigned based on your practice area preferences and the current needs of our clients. Summer associates may request assignments from among all of our various practice groups.
- There are no formal rotations. You may explore different practices without being required to rotate among groups.
- You may be asked to travel for an assignment or assist an overseas office.
- There may be an opportunity to participate in a two-week summer internship program at a leading investment bank.
- If you express an interest, you will receive pro bono assignments.
- You will receive detailed reports on your performance in the middle and at the end of the summer from your assigned senior lawyer, as well as informal assessments from associates and partners.
Typically, any summer associate who expresses an interest may have the opportunity to spend four weeks working abroad.
- You can choose to work in several of our international offices: Beijing, Brussels, Buenos Aires, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, Milan, Moscow, Paris, Rome, São Paulo and Seoul.
- We base overseas rotations on the needs of each overseas office, along with your preference, language ability and practice area interest.
- You are asked to spend a minimum of 10 weeks in our New York office if you plan to go abroad.
- Overseas assignments generally occur in two rotations, each typically lasting four weeks, beginning either at the end of May or early July.