Training and Mentoring
Cleary offers its summer associates a wide range of opportunities to supplement their education outside the law school classroom.
- Attend an in-house summer luncheon series, hosted by different practice groups. Partners and associates describe their practice, discuss the aspects that make it interesting, and shed some light on their day-to-day work.
- Join our corporate training seminar, which provides an understanding of transactional practice areas, highlights the skills required to succeed, and delves into the ins and outs of a corporate deal.
- Attend a litigation training that provides a foundation in key advocacy skills, discovery skills, and substantive areas of law that are central to the practice.
- Participate in an interactive litigation workshop where you’ll have opportunities to argue motions or take and defend depositions in a mock setting with feedback from senior lawyers.
- Attend one of our many CLE sessions throughout the summer.
A great deal of training happens naturally as summer associates become active members of our firm. You will work closely with established attorneys and make meaningful contributions to every assignment.
Complementing formal training and partner supervision, summer associates receive personal mentoring as junior “siblings” of the associates on our Summer Program Committee.