Practice Support Lawyer – Corporate - M&A
The PSL is responsible for a range of activities aimed at developing the Corporate-M&A practice group.
The primary responsibilities of this function are to work with the members of the practice group and supervising partner(s) to develop and maintain precedents and know-how, as well as to provide legal updates, centralize legal research, give training to stagiaires and junior associates on practical legal issues (e.g., electronic signatures, pre-closings, etc.), and interact with business development activities.
- Work with the members of the practice group and supervising partners to identify, gather, and organize precedents;
- Monitor deal activity, assist attorneys in preparing closing binders, and supervise the recording of the information in the office databases;
- Assist deal team in drafting, developing, and maintaining templates and produce benchmarks;
- Manage, maintain, and update practice group knowledge base, collections of reference materials, and electronic resources (intranet, wiki, and practice sites);
- Centralize legal research;
- Monitor legal developments, prepare alert memos, and circulate relevant legislation, case law, doctrine, and commentary to the attorneys;
- Provide training on practical legal issues to new joiners (stagiaires and junior associates); and
- Work with M&A practice group and Business Development to create pitch documents, ensure timely dealnews submission, and review league tables submissions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified lawyer or experienced practitioner
- Master’s degree in Corporate Law
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Corporate and M&A
- Fluent in French and in English (both spoken and written)
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion, and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.