Training and Mentoring
Cleary offers its summer associates a wide range of opportunities to supplement your education outside the law school classroom:
- Learn from lawyers discussing recent assignments, practice updates and developments in the law.
- Our two-day corporate training seminar will give you an understanding of transactional practice areas and the skills required to succeed.
- Participate in a litigation workshop and interactive boot camp, where you’ll take and defend depositions before testing your knowledge in a series of exercises.
- Attend an in-house summer luncheon series, hosted by different practice groups. Partners and associates describe their practices, why it matters and what makes it interesting, as well as discuss the ins and outs of their day-to-day work.
- Work with guest speakers in addition to our own lawyers to host practical workshops on such topics as legal writing, mock depositions and economics training.
- Attend one of our many CLE sessions throughout the summer.
A great deal of training happens naturally as summer associates become active members of our firm. You will work closely with established attorneys and make meaningful contributions to every assignment. Complementing formal training and partner supervision, summer associates receive personal mentoring from associates on our Summer Program Committee as well as an assigned associate mentor.