Diversity and inclusion are central to our identity and reflected not only in the people who work here, but also in the way we approach legal practice.
Because we work daily with clients around the world on matters involving a broad array of legal, business, and social/cultural perspectives, we know the value of being an eclectic group of lawyers. Fostering interactions among lawyers with similar affinities, as well as those with diverse experiences and perspectives, makes us a more welcoming and supportive firm—and one that is better positioned to serve our clients.
“The firm has always enthusiastically provided the resources and support that fostered my growth and development as a diverse attorney. Whether it be through professional development or community building with my fellow colleagues, I have felt represented and had the opportunity to be the type of lawyer that I want to be at Cleary.”
- 100 percent Corporate Equality Index Score, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2019
- Top Firm for Gender Equity, Yale Law Women, 2018
- Top 10 in The American Lawyer’s 2018 Diversity Scorecard
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm, Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards, 2018
- Top 20 Law Firm, Stonewall Workplace Equality Index, 2018
- Freedom Award Winner, Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, 2018
- 34 percent of our associates in our U.S. offices are from diverse backgrounds
- 50 percent of our U.S.-based associates are women
- 6 percent, boasting one of the highest percentages of LGBT associates in the U.S.
Cleary Gottlieb actively supports community outreach and training programs focused on diversity issues and partner with leading diversity and inclusion stakeholders inside and outside of the legal industry.
Our Diverse Associates Group
Cleary’s Diverse Associates Group (DAG) collaborate with firm leadership, organize social activities, conduct continuing legal education programs and raise awareness about topics relevant to the members of their respective groups. The Diverse Associates Group is empowered to be active participants in the firm’s efforts to achieve greater inclusion.
To learn more about our commitment, recent initiatives, partnerships, and what Cleary attorneys work on, read our Diversity and Inclusion brochure.