Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are central to our identity and reflected not only in the people who work here, but also in the way we approach legal practice.
Because we work daily with clients around the world on matters involving a broad array of legal, business, and social/cultural perspectives, we know the value of being an eclectic group of lawyers. Fostering interactions among lawyers with similar affinities, as well as those with diverse experiences and perspectives, makes us a more welcoming and supportive firm—and one that is better positioned to serve our clients.
- 100% Corporate Equality Index Score, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2021
- Top Firm for Health and Wellness, Yale Law Women, 2021
- Top 15 in The American Lawyer’s 2021 Diversity Scorecard
- Top 25 Firm for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, Chambers Associate Survey, 2021
- Top 5 for Minority Attorneys, Law360, 2020
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm, Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards, 2019
- 35% of our associates in our U.S. offices are ethnically underrepresented
- 52% of our U.S.-based associates are women
- 11% of our U.S.-based associates identify as LGBTQ+
Cleary Gottlieb actively supports community outreach and training programs focused on diversity issues and partner with leading diversity, equity, and inclusion stakeholders inside and outside of the legal industry.
Our Diverse Associates Group
Cleary’s Diverse Associates Group (DAG) collaborate with firm leadership, organize social activities, conduct continuing legal education programs and raise awareness about topics relevant to the members of their respective groups. The Diverse Associates Group is empowered to be active participants in the firm’s efforts to achieve greater inclusion.
To learn more about our commitment, recent initiatives, partnerships, and what Cleary attorneys work on, read our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion brochure.