Women at Cleary
Advancing the careers of women is one of the firm’s top priorities, and we are committed to increasing the representation of women in our senior ranks.
- 100 percent Corporate Equality Index Score, Human Rights Campaign Foundation, 2018
- Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm, Euromoney’s Women in Business Law Awards, 2018
- Top Firm for Gender Equity, Yale Law Women’s Top Ten Female Friendly Firms Report, 2018
- Top 10 Family Friendly Firm, Yale Law Women, 2017
Cleary cultivates opportunities for mentorship and creates platforms for gender-focused discussions at the firm.
- The Committee on Retention and Promotion of Women: Cleary’s gender-equity efforts are led by the Committee on Retention and Promotion of Women (CRPW). The committee is comprised of lawyers from various practice areas and seniorities, and meets regularly to discuss the firm’s women’s initiatives and plan programming dedicated to skills development, networking and mentoring.
- The Women’s Working Group: The Women’s Working Group (WWG) and WWG Leadership Committee are key parts of our efforts to support and empower women associates through ongoing programming and new initiatives, including seeking opportunities to collaborate with women associates in other Cleary offices. The WWG hosts various lunches and networking opportunities throughout the year to foster relationships between and among junior and senior lawyers.
Cleary continues to see results from our efforts to recruit and retain women lawyers, and women currently make up 52 percent of our U.S.-based associates.