Vassilena Karadakova advises on all aspects of European and UK competition law.
Vass has significant experience in a wide range of competition and regulatory matters, including merger control, anti-competitive agreements, abuse of dominance, and sectoral regulation. She has represented clients before the European Commission and the UK Competition and Markets Authority (and its predecessors, the Office of Fair Trading and the Competition Commission). She also has extensive experience of working with local counsel in relation to competition matters outside the EU and the UK.
Vass joined the firm in 2016. She previously worked at another major law firm in London between 2010 and 2016. In 2016, she spent six months on secondment to the Competition Team of the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
Select Antitrust Experience
The Walt Disney Company on competition matters related to Disney’s $52.4 billion acquisition of certain 21st Century Fox assets.
Essilor on antitrust aspects of its combination with Luxottica.
Samsung Electronics in the $1.05 billion sale of its printer business to HP Inc.
- “FCA Issues First Penalties for Competition Infringements,” by Jonathan Kelly, Sunil Gadhia, Nicholas Levy, James Brady, Paul Gilbert, David Little, and Vassilena Karadakova, Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, February 2019
- “The EC’s Increasing Reliance on Internal Documents Under the EU Merger Regulation: Issues and Implications,” by Nicholas Levy and Vassilena Karadakova, European Competition Law Review, January 2018
- Contributor to “Remedies” section of “Fairness and Competition Law: A Fairness Paradox,” by Maurits Dolmans and Wanjie Lin, Concurrences, November 2017
- Co-author, “Cartel Regulation – United Kingdom,” Getting the Deal Through, 2015-2016
- “Goo Goo Gaga: Trade Mark Confusion for the Little Monsters,” by Susie Middlemiss and Vassilena Karadakova, Practical Law, December 2011
July 04, 2019
March 07, 2019