Cleary Gottlieb provides engaging and rewarding opportunities for lawyers at all stages of their legal careers.
The firm has a global footprint and a top-tier reputation for giving clients innovative solutions to the most complex legal issues of the day.
Why join Cleary?
- Who We Are. We have offices located in 17 major financial and political centers around the world, but we are a single, integrated firm. This “one firm” approach means we can better collaborate and deliver all our resources to all our clients, wherever they may be.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We place a premium on leveraging the unique perspectives of individuals with a range of backgrounds, beliefs, and life experiences. The wide-ranging diversity of people and viewpoints makes Cleary an open and exciting place to work.
- Groundbreaking Work. For more than 70 years, clients around the world have entrusted us to seamlessly handle their most challenging assignments, from large corporate transactions to cases of first impression. Our work is rarely easy, but our lawyers get the opportunity to work on high-profile cases and innovative deals—where the stakes are high and each lawyer’s talents can make a difference.
- Culture. Our firm is arranged around an informal structure that is democratic and participatory. As your practice evolves and your interests expand, your career path will grow in tandem.
- Professional Development. Cleary is a firm where lawyers at all levels talk to each other frequently and freely, so working and training go hand in hand.
- Career Trajectory. Our informal and collegial working environment is designed to accommodate individuality. We encourage our lawyers to pursue their interests in diverse practice areas, gaining the broad experience that will lay the foundation for sound legal judgment and superior lawyering skills.
- Our Alumni. Our network of stellar alumni is among our proudest achievements. They hold impressive positions that speak to both the quality of our firm’s legal training and our global reach. Many alumni choose to remain in close contact with us after they leave—with many even becoming our best clients.
- Pro Bono and Community Service. We believe pro bono work should be a mindful choice, one that expresses both personal and collective interests. So rather than make pro bono work mandatory at Cleary, we fully support the voluntary legal efforts of all of our lawyers.