Cleary Gottlieb has advised on the complexities of environmental law for more than 40 years, helping clients assess current and developing environmental issues impacting their businesses.
We work with global clients on environmental, health and safety matters, tracking legal developments and evolving business practices to advise not only on legal obligations and liabilities, but also on strategies for managing compliance and minimizing liability.
Cleary’s environmental lawyers coordinate with the firm’s other practice areas to assist domestic and multinational clients with:
- Assessment and management of environmental liabilities in corporate and financial transactions
- Environmental reporting and securities disclosure obligations
- Regulatory compliance with environmental programs
- Representation in civil, criminal and administrative proceedings
- Management of complicated risk and liability assessments and other technical matters, including site remediation activities and chemical use and registration requirements
February 28, 2018
June 14, 2012