Our network of stellar alumni is among our proudest achievements—many of our former lawyers remain in close contact with us after they leave, and some even become our best clients.
Cleary alumni have gone on to join the legal departments of corporations, financial institutions, non-profits, and international organizations. Our former lawyers have held distinguished roles in government, academia, and the corporate world. Many have started their own businesses and some have pursued fields completely outside of the law. The impressive positions that our alumni hold reflect both the quality of our training and our global reach.
Our alumni have tremendous pride in their experiences at the firm and often reflect upon their time with fondness and gratitude. Click on the links below to read some of their thoughts.
- Brian Sandstrom (2007-2015; New York, Rome), Vice President and Associate General Counsel, Securities at Moderna
- Jane Pek (2008-2014; New York), Director (Legal & Regulatory) at Temasek International (USA) LLC
- Rupert Elderkin (2001-2006; Brussels), Senior Trial Attorney at the United Nations International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals (IRMCT)
- Diana Yu (2016-2019; New York), Lead Counsel (Reality Labs) at Meta Platforms, Inc.
- Anne-Valerie (Prosper) Imparato (2014-2016; New York), Director of the Office of Civil Rights and Title IX at UMass Boston
- Carlos von der Heyde (2007-2019; New York), Freelance Fine Art Photographer
- Phil Weiser (1993; New York), Colorado Attorney General
- Daniella Jones (2014-2017; New York), Senior Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs at Peloton Interactive
- Ryan Citlau (2011-2017; Frankfurt), General Counsel at trivago
- Chris Bellanca (1999-2006; New York), Senior Vice President, Global Total Rewards at McDonald’s