Senior Brand, Digital & Content Manager
Cleary Gottlieb is seeking a Senior Brand, Digital & Content Manager to manage and enhance the firm’s branding, creative services, digital, e-mail, and marketing communications to develop and deliver a content strategy in line with the firm’s strategic objectives and BDMC functional plan.
- Develop and manage brand guidelines and infrastructure to ensure consistent and effective use of the firm’s branding, including brand refreshes and updates as required. Track and report on brand performance.
- Establish and implement best practices for delivering innovative and effective integrated marketing campaigns, including tracking ROI. Work closely with BDMC colleagues and others to plan and deliver successful campaigns.
- Create and implement the firm’s content strategy in line with the firm’s strategic objectives. Develop and communicate guidelines as well as best practices across online and traditional communication channels.
- Enhance the firm’s thought leadership program by working across the firm to coordinate compelling content on hot topics and market developments in addition to maximizing our client engagement via multi-channel promotion.
- Maximize the firm’s digital media presence across the website, social media, e-mail, and search engine optimization, including website refreshes and updates as required, to support and enhance stakeholder engagement.
- Work closely with the Risk & Talent teams to develop and update policies relating to use of social media.
- Refresh the firm’s marketing communications across all formats and channels to develop clear messaging and consistency of branding.
- Manage external supplier support, including setting priorities, briefing, and coordination across geographies and tracking performance against KPI.
- Measure and report on ROI of marketing & communications.
- Support and deliver training and best practices for the BD, marketing & communications team, attorneys and others engaging with branding, digital, and marketing communications across the firm.
- Stay abreast of developments in branding, digital, and marketing communications to bring new thinking and creativity to the function.
- Foster a culture that supports collaboration and team spirit committed to professional excellence and the highest levels of client service.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a team of brand, creative, and marketing communications professionals in the U.S. and EMEA.
Skills and Competencies
- Solid understanding of branding, digital, and marketing communications with a track record of delivering innovative programs and managing teams.
- Experience delivering an integrated plan that includes brand and content strategy, digital, social media, and SEO.
- Impeccable written and verbal communications skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well and build trust with different stakeholders and build consensus around new programs and initiatives.
- Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the BDMC function and the wider firm.
- Strong commercial and analytical skills to develop programs that meet the firm’s strategic objectives and demonstrate return on investment.
- Proven project management skills with the ability to multitask and change priorities as required.
- Ability to effectively balance the desire for broad change with an understanding of how much change the firm is capable of handling in order to create realistic and achievable goals.
- Experience working in a global environment and sensitivity to different cultural perspectives.
- Effective and empathetic people manager who can attract, motivate, and develop a globally integrated, collaborative, diverse, and high performance team.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 10 years of marketing communications experience, ideally in a professional services or corporate environment.
- Previous experience at an international law firm is preferred, but not required.
If you are interested in applying, please submit a CV and short cover letter to the London Human Resources Team, LON-HR@cgsh.com.