Cultivating Your Confidence in the Workplace
October 24, 2019
Cleary Gottlieb held workshops for lawyers and professional staff in its Washington, D.C. office on Imposter Syndrome, “Cultivating Your Confidence in the Workplace,” led by Neha Sampat, CEO and founder of GenLead|BelongLab.
Neha helps organizations create high-performing and inclusive teams by addressing hidden barriers to belonging, such as Imposter Syndrome and internalized bias, unconscious bias, generational diversity, distrust in teams, and wellness challenges. Through professional development coaching, Neha helps others develop job situations and leadership styles that engage their true and best selves.
The workshops helped attendees:
- Understand what Imposter Syndrome is and how common it is among their colleagues
- Identify how this brand of self-doubt tends to manifest itself, and recognize common signs and symptoms of self-doubt in one’s colleagues
- Better prevent the performance issues that can result from confidence issues
- Recognize and counteract the unique aspects of lawyering that feed self-doubt
- Implement actionable tactics to build evidence-based confidence and disrupt self-doubt
- Contribute to a firm-wide culture that reduces instead of feeds Imposter Syndrome
Cleary counsel Kathleen Bradish provided welcome remarks and introduced Neha at the lawyer workshop.
Learn more about professional development as an associate in Cleary’s D.C. office.