ESG Watch: Crisis Management Beyond COVID-19
April 26, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb partners Alexis Collins and Jonathan Kolodner participated in ESG Watch: Crisis Management Beyond COVID-19.
The discussion focused on successful ways companies are navigating crises beyond COVID-19. Panelists discussed how to:
- Prepare for a crisis, including creating crisis management plans that you actually use.
- Make decisions during a crisis with limited and imperfect information.
- Appropriately engage the board during a crisis.
- Continue to manage your businesses while a crisis is underway.
- Avoid making a crisis even worse and, when possible, turn a crisis into an opportunity.
- Capture and institutionalize the lessons learned from the crisis, so you’re more prepared for the next one.
- Alexis Collins, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Jonathan Kolodner, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Janet Langford Carrig, Senior Vice President Legal, General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary of ConocoPhillips (retired), Director, EQT Corporation; Director, Whiting Petroleum Corporation
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
The ESG Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.