Global Compensation and Benefits Watch: The New Executive Compensation Regulatory Regime - What the SEC’s Rules and Requirements Under the Dodd-Frank Act Mean for Businesses
December 12, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partners Michael Albano and Audry Casusol will be participating in the Global Compensation and Benefits Watch: The New Executive Compensation Regulatory Regime - What the SEC’s Rules and Requirements Under the Dodd-Frank Act Mean for Businesses.
With the SEC (finally) finalizing key rules under the Dodd-Frank Act, companies are working on complying with the pay-versus-performance rule in their upcoming proxy statement and thinking through the implications of the clawback rule for their executive compensation programs. Like almost everything in executive compensation, it all winds up being more complicated than you’d think.
The webcast will address:
- The requirements of the pay-versus-performance rule, the unanswered questions companies will need to consider in preparing their disclosure, and whether and how to go beyond the required disclosure.
- How investors may view this additional disclosure and how to communicate effectively with investors and others about pay versus performance in the upcoming proxy season.
- The requirements of the clawback rule and the prospects for changes, if any, that may be made as the rule is translated into listing standards.
- How the clawback rule may affect future compensation programs—and what, if anything, compensation committees and management should be considering now.
- The implications of the clawback rule for attracting and retaining talent, as well as for the company’s financial processes and compliance programs.
- Michael Albano, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Audry Casusol, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Michael R. Marino, Managing Director and Head of New York Office, FW Cook
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, ESG Center, The Conference Board (Moderator)
This Global Compensation and Benefits Watch program is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board Human Capital and ESG Centers.
Click here to register and learn more.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”