Governance Watch Webcast: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: From Principle to Practice in Executive Compensation
November 16, 2021
New Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partner Audry Casusol participated in the Governance Watch webcast: It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time: From Principle to Practice in Executive Compensation.
The discussion focused on:
- Performance-based equity: When are performance-based equity grants effective? What are the practices companies should avoid? Should stock options make a comeback?
- Clawback policies: When have clawbacks been effective? When have companies gone down the wrong path? What’s likely to happen on the regulatory front?
- Executive compensation disclosure: Why does so much disclosure often still result in too little shared understanding? Apart from the easy answers of executive summaries and charts, what can both companies and investors do to improve communication?
- Say-on-pay proposals: What drove increased investor opposition this year? What are investors saying in the offseason? What can both investors and companies do to deal with this often-blunt instrument as we look to the next proxy season?
- Linking ESG to executive pay: As more companies embrace the idea of linking compensation to ESG performance, what are the lessons they should keep in mind?
- Audry Casusol, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, ESG Center The Conference Board (Moderator)
The Governance Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”