Cleary Gottlieb Earns Outstanding Recognition in Chambers Latin America 2021
September 3, 2020
Cleary Gottlieb continues to earn outstanding recognition in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America.
In total, the legal directory recognized six of Cleary’s practices, three of which earned top-tier rankings. In addition, 13 partners from the firm’s New York, Buenos Aires, and São Paulo offices were lauded by Chambers, four of whom earned top-tier rankings.
Cleary is the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A every year since the guide has been published. The 2021 rankings also highlight Cleary’s work in the categories of Corporate Crime and Investigations, International Arbitration, and Project Finance.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “They have a great team full of intelligent, easygoing people. One of the big differences about them is that they have people who can speak Portuguese and carry a deal in Brazil, which really simplifies matters.”
- Capital Markets: “They are the go-to law firm for international issues. They have a big network of offices around the globe, which makes them perfect for big international deals, and they always deliver a fantastic work product.”
- Corporate Crime and Investigations: “It is a strong team and I am always happy to work with them.”
- Corporate/M&A: “When you work with Cleary, you expect a top-tier service, and they do extremely well.”
- International Arbitration: “The quality of their work is excellent, they meet deadlines, and they are clearly knowledgeable of the field and the key players in the arbitration world.”
- Project Finance: “I have been very happy with their performance throughout; they keep the standard very high, and the partners get involved in all the deals in both drafting documents and negotiating.”
To read more about Cleary’s achievements in Latin America, visit Chambers and Partners.