Cleary Gottlieb Named ‘Law Firm of the Year’ by LatinFinance for Sixth Year in a Row
January 18, 2018
Cleary Gottlieb has been named the 2017 “Law Firm of the Year” in Latin America by LatinFinance.
This is the sixth year in a row the firm has received this honor. LatinFinance notes that in “a record-breaking year” in the region, “Cleary Gottlieb remains a leading law firm in Latin America,” and tapped the firm for five Deal of the Year awards alongside the Law Firm of the Year prize.
The award-winning deals that the firm advised on include:
- Corporate High-Grade Bond of the Year: Sigma Alimentos’ €600 million Eurobond
- Sovereign Liability Management of the Year: República Oriental del Uruguay, UYU35.3 billion
- Corporate Liability Management of the Year: Petrobras, $6.97 billion
- Equity Follow-On of the Year: IEnova’s September 2016 MXN27.1 billion F/O offering, one of the largest transaction in the equity markets
- Local Currency Deal of the Year: República Oriental del Uruguay’s first cross-border currency deal since 2015, at UYU35.3 billion
In its article announcing Cleary’s win as Law Firm of the Year, LatinFinance noted, “Healthy financing demands from Mexico to Brazil called for innovative legal advice,” and Cleary garnered “better-than-expected results for the firm and the market in 2017.”