Cleary Gottlieb Praised in Inaugural Edition of Chambers Brazil 2022
November 3, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb has received outstanding recognition in the inaugural edition of Chambers Brazil 2022.
Cleary is the only firm to earn recognition in all five of the international firm practice sections, which included two top-tier practice rankings. In addition, nine partners from the firm’s New York and São Paulo offices were commended by Chambers, three of whom received top-tier rankings.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “The entire team has a deep knowledge of the issues arising out of a cross-border restructuring, and also related to cross-border financing.” “Not only did Cleary have a deep technical knowledge of all matters related to the financing transaction, but [they also have] a strong ability to coordinate all parties involved and handle an extremely complex matter on a smooth basis.” “The team is extremely focused, resilient, and understands the Brazilian legal system, navigating international clients through the cross-border obstacles.” “They are very skilled, creative, and always find alternative for complex deals.”
- Capital Markets: “Their experience and focus on the client are definitely their biggest strengths.” “They are very strong in the Brazilian capital markets for multi-jurisdictional transactions.” “I like Cleary because of their quality. Technically they are excellent.”
- Corporate Crime and Investigations: “Cleary is one of the most competent firms to work in Brazil. Several lawyers speak Portuguese fluently, and they are extremely experienced in any matters in Brazil.” “Cleary require[s] no introduction. They are a fabulous firm and work in Brazil a lot. Their reputation is stellar.” “Cleary understand[s] the client’s needs and act[s] accordingly.” “The team [was] very hands-on and clearly had knowledge on every detail of the case.”
- Corporate/M&A: “The team is very well prepared and have a very good view of the legal and business environment in Brazil.” “Cleary’s professionals are always capable to handle complex matters and give strategic advice.” “Cleary has an extremely well-qualified team in Brazil and abroad.” “They have very strong ability to deal with complex matters with efficiency.”
- International Arbitration: “Cleary provides state-of-the-art work. They have longstanding experience on complex litigations, including those involving multiple jurisdictions.”
To read more about Cleary’s achievements in Brazil, click here.