Cleary Gottlieb Recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2022
August 2, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb continues to earn recognition as an elite law firm in the latest edition of Who’s Who Legal: Competition.
Across the firm’s European and U.S. offices, 37 lawyers have been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2022.
In addition to the overall recognition, eight Cleary lawyers were named Future Leaders: partners Elaine Ewing, Kenneth Reinker, Isabel Rooms, and Séverine Schrameck; counsel Katharina Apel, Gianluca Faella, and Paul Stuart; and senior attorney Matthew Bachrack.
Who’s Who Legal also noted 22 Thought Leaders among the recommended lawyers, and nine were cited as Global Elite Thought Leaders: partners Leah Brannon, Jeremy Calsyn, George Cary, Maurits Dolmans, Dave Gelfand, Thomas Graf, Nicholas Levy, and Antoine Winckler; and senior counsel Mark Leddy.
Peers and clients provided commentary and feedback about several of the recognized lawyers:
- The “excellent and pragmatic” Matteo Beretta is a “go-to for competition issues” thanks to his “very solid legal knowledge and commercial background”, in addition to his “attention to detail, solution-oriented approach and accuracy in understanding of antitrust policy and regulation.”
- Marco D’Ostuni “makes a very good impression” in the market, representing clients in high-profile competition law cases, particularly in heavily regulated sectors.
- Wolfgang Deselaers is held in high esteem by interviewees as “the towering figure of competition law in the German market.”
- The “smart” Romina Polley is widely revered as “an excellent peer to work alongside in complex merger control matters.”
- Giulio Cesare Rizza is widely applauded as “a very competent lawyer” who appears frequently before the European Commission and the IAA.
- Dirk Schroeder is a “highly competent, extremely clear and precise lawyer” when assisting clients in merger control and antitrust litigation.
- “Top-ranking” Mario Siragusa is lauded as “one of the best and most prominent Italian antitrust lawyers in the European market” thanks to his “outstanding experience in competition law” and “excellent professionalism.”
Lawyers featured in Who’s Who Legal: Competition are recognized for their exceptional work on a range of related matters, including merger control, abuse of dominance cases, cartel investigations, state aid matters, and high-stakes antitrust litigation.
Click here for more information on this year’s guide.