Cleary Gottlieb Recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2023
September 5, 2023
Cleary Gottlieb continues to earn recognition as an elite law firm in the latest edition of Who’s Who Legal: Competition.
Across the firm’s European and U.S. offices, 37 lawyers have been recognized in Who’s Who Legal: Competition 2023.
In addition to the overall recognition, eight Cleary lawyers were named Future Leaders: Matthew Bachrack, Elaine Ewing, Gianluca Faella, Rüdiger Harms, Kenneth Reinker, Isabel Rooms, and Séverine Schrameck, and Paul Stuart.
Who’s Who Legal also noted 21 Thought Leaders among the recommended lawyers, and seven were cited as Global Elite Thought Leaders: Leah Brannon, Jeremy Calsyn, George Cary, Dave Gelfand, Thomas Graf, Nicholas Levy, and Antoine Winckler.
Peers and clients provided commentary and feedback about several of the recognized lawyers:
- “Matteo [Beretta] is fantastic, very precise, helpful, and professional.”
- “Leah [Brannon] is a brilliant and savvy merger lawyer.”
- “George [Cary] is a fantastic lawyer who is always really strong to work with.”
- “Jeremy [Calsyn] always give practical, solid advice to clients.”
- “Christopher [Cook] displays excellent knowledge and pragmatism on cases, making him a pleasure to work with and against.”
- “Marco [D’Ostuni] is among the best competition lawyers in Italy.”
- “Maurits [Dolmans] is a go-to counsel in abuse of dominance matters.”
- “David [Gelfand] is a top-flight litigator, very strategic and tough, but also helpful and co-operative.”
- “Francisco [Enrique González-Díaz] is very well perceived by clients - he is beyond any doubt a great practitioner.”
- “Thomas [Graf] is a very brilliant and tough competitor - top notch without a doubt.”
- “Nicholas [Levy] is very well known in the world of merger control.”
- “Romina [Polley] shows excellent leadership on competition cases.”
- “Giulio Cesare [Rizza] is a lawyer you can always trust.”
- “Isabel [Rooms] is a genuine pleasure to work alongside.”
- “Dirk [Schroeder] is the godfather of German competition law.”
- “Mario [Siragusa] is an outstanding professional whose experience in competition law allows him to provide sophisticated advice to clients.”
- “[Antoine] Winckler is a very experienced lawyer and a great gentleman.”
Lawyers featured in Who’s Who Legal: Competition are recognized for their exceptional work on a range of related matters, including merger control, abuse of dominance cases, cartel investigations, state aid matters, and high-stakes antitrust litigation.
Click here for more information on this year’s guide.