Cleary Gottlieb Shortlisted for 17 IFLR Americas Awards
January 21, 2015
Cleary Gottlieb received 17 nominations from the International Financial Law Review for its 2015 Americas Awards, including “Americas Law Firm of the Year.” The firm was shortlisted for six team and firm awards, and worked on 11 nominated deals of the year. Cleary Gottlieb received more M&A selections than any other firm and received the second-highest number of nominations overall.
Cleary Gottlieb’s nominations include:
Firm/Teams of the Year:
- Americas Law Firm
- Debt and Equity-Linked
- Financial Regulation
Deals of the Year:
- Debt and Equity-Linked (CEMEX’s contingent convertible units; Mexico sovereign bond issuance)
- Equity (Oi equity offering)
- M&A (Lenovo/Motorola Mobility; Sterigenics/Nordion; Suntory/Beam; UNACEM/Lafarge’s Ecuadorian cement operations)
- Private Equity (Amex travel business spinout; JLL Partners/Patheon)
- Restructuring (Alsacia and Express restructure; OSG restructure)
IFLR’s Americas Awards will be presented in New York on March 26, 2015.