Cleary Gottlieb Wins 5 American Lawyer 2016 Global Legal Awards
September 27, 2016
Cleary Gottlieb has been recognized with two grand prizes and three other awards by The American Lawyer in this year’s Global Legal Awards.
The awards are for our work in cross-border mergers and acquisitions, global finance, and international arbitration.
The grand prize winning deals:
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: UK: SABMiller and Molson Coors’ $100 billion InBev/SAB merger.
- Global Finance Deal of the Year: Private Restructuring: The Republic of Iceland’s private restructuring of Icelandic banks.
The winning matters:
- Global Dispute of the Year: Investment Arbitration (Europe): The Hellenic Republic’s arbitration concerning its debt restructuring.
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: Europe: Coca-Cola’s three-way merger to create the world’s largest Coca-Cola bottler.
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: Korea: MBK Partners’ $6.4 billion acquisition of Homeplus.
The awards were presented at a ceremony in New York City on September 26, 2016.