Cleary Gottlieb Wins 'Antitrust Firm of the Year' Award and Receives Recognition for Its Practices and Lawyers in Chambers USA 2015
May 19, 2015
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as a preeminent law firm in the latest edition of Chambers USA, published on May 19.
Cleary earned 94 lawyer rankings, 29 of which were top-tier, and 34 practice rankings, 17 of which were top-tier, in the 2015 guide. Chambers USA, which covers the best lawyers in the United States in nationwide and regional rankings, including New York and Washington, D.C., cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries and regions.
In addition, Cleary Gottlieb's Antitrust and Competition practice received a Chambers USA Award for Excellence, which spotlights the firms and individuals who have "excelled above all others in the U.S. legal market over the period 2014-15."
Feedback from clients and peers included:
- "Absolutely first-rate, world-class, ten out of ten. I can't fault them for anything. I would highlight their insight, their judgment and their responsiveness." (Antitrust)
- "They are very responsive and very prompt. There is not much lag time between us needing an answer and Cleary providing the answer." (Banking & Finance)
- "Just brilliant lawyers on all fronts." (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- "They not only bring the ability to strategize at the highest level but the ability to execute in the trenches. There are not a lot of firms in the world that bring that skill set." (Corporate/M&A)
- "They are an A+, excellent full-service firm with a global reach." (Litigation)
- "The good thing about working with them is that they have expertise in a variety of areas and issues that would come up in a real estate transaction." (Real Estate)