Amélie Champsaur’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, capital markets and investigations, particularly in the financial sector.
She also advises clients on a broad range of EU and French financial regulatory, governance and compliance matters.
Amélie joined the firm in 2003 and became a partner in 2012. She was a resident in the New York office in 2005-2006.
Several stakeholders and market participants in the application of the BRRD precautionary recapitalization / resolution framework to EU banks including the four major Greek banks, Novo Banco and Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena.
Several EU banks on decisions by the European Central Bank relating to SREP and capital/leverage/liquidity requirements and remuneration rules.
The Vatican Institute of Religious Works in the implementation of an EU-equivalent financial regulatory framework.
Several EU and non-EU institutions on governance and compliance matters in connection with sanctions, anti-corruption and anti-money laundering investigations (including bank secrecy, data privacy and whistle-blowing rules).
EU regulator on the development of investigation/enforcement procedures.
French Bank on the issuance of TLAC/MREL “senior non-preferred” notes.
Several market participants on EU non-cleared derivatives margin rules.
Third country central counterparties (CCPs), including principal Brazilian clearinghouse BM&F Bovespa, on their application to ESMA for recognition and the implementation of the EMIR and CRD IV capital requirements.
FIG Mergers and Acquisitions
Amundi in the acquisition of asset manager Pioneer from Unicredit.
BNP Paribas in the restructuring of its Ukrainian bank subsidiary and the merger of its two Turkish bank subsidiaries.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch in the sale of its non-US wealth management business to Julius Baer Group.
Dexia in its restructuring and dismantling plan, including the €4 billion sale of Dexia Bank Belgium to the Belgian State, its €6.4 billion recapitalization and related State support measures and the $816.5 million sale of its monoline insurance subsidiary, Financial Security Assurance, to Assured Guaranty.
Groupama in the sale of Silic to Icade and in the issuance of preferred shares by GAN Eurocourtage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Groupama.
BNP Paribas in its acquisition of Belgian bank Fortis and Luxembourg bank BGL and the subsequent reorganization of its banking and asset management subsidiaries.
BNP Paribas in its cross-border merger with BNL.
Reuters in a joint venture with CME to create a foreign-exchange trading platform.
Non-FIG Mergers and Acquisitions
Lavazza in the acquisition of French coffee brand Carte Noire and related assets.
Vallourec in its €1.6 billion joint venture with Nippon Steel to create seamless steel pipe mill in Brazil and the subsequent restructuring of this joint venture.
Tessenderlo in the sale of its chemical compounds business to Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation.
Sanofi in the divesture of its 19.3% stake in the Yves Rocher Group to Société Financière des Laboratoires de Cosmétologie Yves Rocher.
Airbus in its tender offer on Danish company Satair.
- Member of the French Haut Comité Juridique de Place Committee on Brexit and Market Infrastructures
- Regularly lectures at HEC Business School and Sciences Po (Paris)
- “The Reform of Bank Creditor Hierarchy in the EU,” Revue de Droit Bancaire et Financier, February 2018
- GIR “Securities and Related Investigations Know-How Guide,” Global Investigations Review, October 17, 2017. Author of the European Union Chapter.
- Contributor, Research Handbook on State Aid in the Banking Sector, November 2017
- “The Liquidation of the Venetian Banks: Loophole or Circumvention of the EU Rules?,” IFLR, October 2017
- “Frexit: The Case Against,” co-author with Aurèle Delors, IFLR, May 2017
- “Over-reliance on Stress Tests Raises Legality Concerns,” IFLR, November 2016
- “The Commision is Playing With Fire,” IFLR, July/August 2016
- GIR “Securities and Related Investigations Know-How Guide,” Global Investigations Review, February 4, 2016. Author of the European Union chapter
June 20, 2018
April 13, 2018
November 28, 2017
September 15, 2017
June 13, 2017
July 25, 2016