Ferdinando Emanuele’s practice focuses on national and international litigation and arbitration, specifically with regard to civil, commercial, and competition law.
He has defended many Italian and foreign companies in complex litigation and arbitration proceedings. Ferdinando is considered to be one of the leading Italian practitioners in international arbitration and litigation. He has also acted as presiding arbitrator, party-appointed arbitrator, and sole arbitrator appointed by the ICC, the Milan Chamber of National and International Arbitration, the Rome Bar Council, and the President of the Rome Tribunal.
Ferdinando joined the firm in 1998 and became a partner in 2007. He worked in the Brussels office through 1999 and was based in the London office from 2001 through 2002.
- Member, ICSID panel of conciliators since 2016 (appointed by the Italian Government and the Governor of the Bank of Italy)
- Member, Rome Bar Council (Consiglio dell’Ordine degli Avvocati), 2004-2006
- Member, several committees, National Bar Association (Consiglio Nazionale Forense)
- Founder, ISSA-Istituto Superiore di Studi per l’Arbitrato and ArbIt, the Italian Forum for International Arbitration and ADR
- Member, London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Board Member, Italian Arbitration Association (AIA)
- “European Court of Justice: Investor-State Arbitration Under Intra-EU Bilateral Investment Treaties Is Incompatible With EU Law,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, March 9, 2018.
- Evidence in International Arbitration: The Italian Perspective and Beyond, Thomson Reuters, 2016, p. 350 (co-author M. Molfa).
- “The application of the 2014 LCIA Rules to Arbitral Proceedings Seated in Italy,” The European, Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review, 2015 (co-author: M. Molfa)
- Selected Issues on International Arbitration: The Italian Perspective, Thomson Reuters, 2014, p. 225 (co-author M. Molfa).
- “Parallel State Court and Arbitral Proceedings: The Italian Perspective,” Global Legal Insight, Litigation and Dispute Resolution, 2013 (co-author M. Molfa).
- “EU Merger Remedy Arbitration: Key Features and Strategic Issues in Light of the First Reported Arbitral Award,” The International Business Law Journal, 2013 (co-authors P. D’Elia and M. Molfa).
- “Arbitration Versus Litigation,” FinancierWorldwide.com, 2013 (co-author M. Molfa).
- “The Law of International Commercial Arbitration in Italy,” Arbitraje Comercial Internacional en Europa (Aspectos Actuales y Regímenes Jurídicos), Estudio Mario Castillo Freyre, 2013 (co-author F.Gesualdi).
- “Recent Developments in the Challenge of Arbitral Awards Under Italian Law,” IBA Arbitration News (co-author M. Molfa), 65-68, International Bar Association, February 2013.
- “Challenge of Arbitral Awards: The Italian Perspective,” The European, Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review (co-author M. Molfa), 1-6, Global Arbitration Review, 2013.
- “Institutional Arbitration: The Italian Perspective,” Global Legal Insights: Litigation & Dispute Resolution First Edition (co-author M. Molfa), 170-179, Global Legal Group, 2012.
- “Multiparty Arbitrations: The Italian Perspective,” The European & Middle Eastern Arbitration Review 2012 (co-author M. Molfa), 64-69, Global Arbitration Review, 2012.
- “Court Assistance in the Taking of Evidence in Arbitral Proceedings: The Italian Perspective,” The International Arbitration & Dispute Resolution Law Guide 2011 (co-author M. Molfa), 27, Global Business Magazine, 2011.
- “Arbitral Interim Measures in International Arbitration: The Italian Perspective,” The European and Middle Eastern Arbitration Review 2011, 57-60. Global Arbitration Review, 2011.
- “The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Class and Group Actions,” Global Legal Group, 2009 (co-author M. Molfa).
- “Class Actions 2009: Italy,” The International Comparative Legal Guide to: Competition Litigation, 81-87. Global Legal Group, London, 2008.
May 24, 2012
May 22, 2012
April 24, 2012
November 07, 2011
September 30, 2011
June 18, 2010
February 05, 2010