Gabriele Apfelbacher’s practice focuses on securities, banking and corporate matters, in particular international securities offerings, public mergers and acquisitions, capital markets regulation and corporate governance issues.
Gabriele joined the firm in 1993 and became a partner in 2001. She has also been resident in the New York office.
Prior to joining the firm, Gabriele was a staff member of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Postbank on their capital increase as well as on the German aspects of Qimonda’s convertible bond, the first U.S. dollar-denominated, SEC-registered convertible bond issued by a German stock corporation.
The underwriters on the IPO of centrotherm photovoltaics and of SMA Solar Technology.
STRABAG SE in its IPO on the official market of the Vienna Stock Exchange, the then-largest IPO on the Vienna Stock Exchange.
TUI on two convertible bond offerings and on its capital increase, including a rights offering.
HypoVereinsbank in its business combination with the Italian bank UniCredit, one of the largest European cross-border M&A transactions in the banking sector.
- “Strukturiert oder nicht,” Börsen-Zeitung, October 1, 2016 (with Michael Kern and Valentin Pfisterer)
- “Angepasst, aber auch angemessen?” Börsen-Zeitung, July 2016 (with Manuel Metzner)
- “Debt Capital Markets 2016—Germany,” Getting the Deal Through, May 2016 (with Manuel Metzner)
- Authorizations for Capital Raisings and Convertible Bond Issues, February 2016
- “Mitglied im Aufsichtsorgan eines Kreditinstituts im Jahr 2013,” Die Aktiengesellschaft, Issue 21, November 2013, pp. 773-789 (with Manuel Metzner).
- “Das Wertpapierprospektgesetz in der Praxis - Eine erste Bestandsaufnahme” (co-author: Manuel Metzner). BKR (Zeitschrift für Bank- und Kapitalmarktrecht), p. 81 et seq, March 2006.