Matthew Hamilton-Foyn’s practice focuses on cross-border mergers and acquisitions, international corporate transactions and general corporate and commercial matters.
Matthew joined the firm in 2011 and has acted for a range of corporates, private equity firms and financial institutions on a number of complex public and private M&A transactions. During his time at the UK Takeover Panel from 2014 to 2016, Matthew regulated a large number of takeovers, investigations and other transactions governed by the UK Takeover Code.
Case Officer, UK Takeover Panel 2014-2016, (secondment)
Loxam SAS on its successful £460 million bid for Lavendon Group plc, a Main Market-listed provider of powered access equipment to the construction sector (in the face of competitive bids from TVH Group)
The Raine Group as lead financial advisor to SoftBank Group in its recommended, £24 billion takeover of ARM Holdings plc, a semiconductor designer listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange
Bank of America Merrill Lynch on the sale of its Global (ex-US) wealth management business to Julius Baer
Amundi in the acquisition of an 87.5 percent stake in Kleinwort Benson Investors Dublin and its subsidiaries from Oddo et Cie
Regulated and oversaw a large number of UK public takeover bids and other transactions at the UK Takeover Panel between 2014-2016, including:
- Royal Dutch Shell’s recommended £46 billion takeover of BG Group
- Aviva’s recommended £5.6 billion takeover of Friends Life Group
- QIA and Brookfield Property Partners’ hostile £2.6 billion takeover of Canary Wharf Group
- Banco de Sabadell’s recommended £1.7 billion takeover of TSB Banking Group
- Qualcomm’s recommended £1.6 billion takeover of CSR plc
- Greene King plc’s recommended £770 million takeover of Spirit Pub plc
- Groupe FNAC and Steinhoff’s competitive bids for Darty plc, resulting in a recommended, £915 million takeover by Group FNAC