Paolo Bertoli’s practice focuses on arbitration and litigation.
Paolo has participated in numerous international and domestic arbitrations involving complex commercial disputes and public international law issues, and in commercial, securities and antitrust litigation in a variety of Italian courts. He also has acted as arbitrator under the Milan Chamber of Arbitration Rules.
Paolo is Professor of International law at the University of Insubria (Como) and is widely published in major Italian and foreign law reviews on various aspects of public and private international law and international civil procedure.
Paolo joined the firm in 2005 and became a senior attorney in 2017. Prior to joining the firm, he was an associate at the firm of Montanari e Associati in Milan.
- Member, Editorial Board, Rivista di diritto internazionale privato e processuale
- Member, Italian Society of International Law
- Visiting Scholar, Columbia University School of Law, 2008
- Visiting Researcher, Max Planck Institute for Comparative and International Private Law in Hamburg (Germany), 2005
- Visiting Researcher, Court of Justice of the European Communities, 2004
“2021 ICC Rules Of Arbitration Unveiled,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, November 12, 2020
“The Milan Chamber of Arbitration Adopts New Measures in the Wake of COVID-19 Pandemic,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, July 30, 2020
“La «Brexit» E Il Diritto Internazionale Privato E Processuale,” Rivista di diritto internazionale privato e processuale, 2017.
October 25, 2019
May 02, 2019
April 10, 2019
May 29, 2015
November 29, 2013