Raj S. Panasar’s practice focuses on international financing transactions.
He represents corporate issuers and financial institutions in public and private international equity, high-yield and other debt offerings, and also advises on syndicated bank lending transactions and leveraged finance.
A recognized leader on complex listings under the evolving EU prospectus regime and a member of the London Stock Exchange’s Primary Markets Group, he has represented many issuers, including major emerging market companies, in their IPOs and London Stock Exchange listings, as well as representing leading investment banks as underwriters of high-profile capital markets transactions. He has also advised on many high-yield and other leveraged finance transactions.
Raj joined the firm in 1997 and became a partner in 2007. He joined Goldman Sachs in London in 2000, where he worked for one year. He rejoined the firm in 2001.
- "Debt Capital Markets 2015," Getting the Deal Through, (Law Business Research Ltd.) (co-author), May 2015.
- Participating on Technology, Social Media and the Securities Law Panel at PLI's Fourteenth Annual Institute on Securities Regulation in Europe, January 19, 2015.
- Presenting on a panel on "Impact of Regulation" at AFME’s 9th Annual European High Yield Conference, October 7, 2014.
- Presenting on “Consumer & Tech” panel at the London Stock Exchange Group - Russia & CIS Conference, June 5, 2014.
- Presenting on a panel on "IPOs and Listings on International Stock Exchanges" during ABA - Section of International Law 2014 Spring Meeting, April 2, 2014.
- Presenting Corporate Law: London Stock Exchange Rules’ at Lexis Nexis Webinar, March 10, 2014.
- Co-editor of and Contributor, European Securities Law (Second Edition Oxford University Press), 2014.
- Presenting "Trends in Secondary Capital Raisings" at Lexis Nexis Conference - Listed Company Law & Regulation, December 12, 2013.
- Corporate Governance and Regulatory Changes for Russian DR Issuers - Panel discussion on New Requirements Affecting Depositary Receipts, October 9, 2013.
- Presentation at Citigroup’s event The A to Z of Depositary Receipts – Recent Legal Developments in Social Media Disclosure, May 22, 2013.
- Lexis Nexis Webinar - Corporate Law: Investigating changes to the Listing Rules, January 28, 2013.
- Have the Changes to the UK Listing Regime Been a Success?, May 2011.
- The Listing Regime 2011 - Review of the Operation and Future of UK Securities Regulation, March 16, 2011.
- "Preparing to List Depositary Receipts," The London Stock Exchange's Guide to Listing on the London Stock Exchange (White Page Ltd.) (co-authored with Stephen Glasper), November 2010.
- Lexis Nexis Conference - Review of UK Securities Regulatory Regime, May 11, 2010.
- Lexis Nexis Conference - Listing Options for Overseas Companies, March 23, 2010.
- Presentation to Citigroup - Drafting a Management's Discussion and Analysis/Operating and Financial Review, March 18, 2010.
- An Overview of Capital Markets - Presentation to the London School of Economics, October 30, 2009.
- The Listing Regime - Listing Overseas Companies and Other Entities, April 2, 2009.
- The Listing Regime – Presentation on Overseas Companies – The Key Routes to the London Market, April 16, 2008.
- City & Financial FSA Listing Regime Conference - Presentation on Price Sensitive Information, April 11, 2008.
- London Stock Exchange Listing Structure Review - Conference Presentation: Cleary Gottlieb – The Listing Structure Debate, March 17, 2008.
- Cleary Gottlieb Presentation to the London Stock Exchange – Primary Markets Group - Listing Standards, Due Diligence and Sponsors, October 30, 2007.
- ICMA Seminar - New Transparency Rules – What Impact Will They Have on the Market?, January 22, 2007.
January 26, 2017
March 23, 2015
June 12, 2014
March 20, 2012
March 15, 2012
February 22, 2012
March 16, 2011
October 30, 2009
April 02, 2009