Raj S. Panasar’s practice focuses on international financing transactions.
He represents issuers and financial institutions in international equity, high-yield and other debt offerings, and syndicated and leveraged loans.
Raj is a recognized leader on complex listings under the evolving EU prospectus regime and a member of the London Stock Exchange’s Primary Markets Group. He has represented many issuers, including major emerging market companies, in their IPOs and London Stock Exchange listings, as well as representing leading investment banks as underwriters of high-profile capital markets transactions.
Raj joined the firm in 1997 and became a partner in 2007. He joined Goldman Sachs in London in 2000, where he worked for one year. He rejoined the firm in 2001.
The underwriters in the IPO on the London Stock Exchange of Global Ports Holding PLC, the world’s largest cruise port operator
Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation, acting on behalf of the Russian Federation in a $4 billion liability management transaction
The underwriters, led by Citigroup and Deutsche Bank, in the IPO of Digi Communications, the largest private IPO in the history of the Bucharest Stock Exchange.
The underwriters in the SEK 2.75 billion offering by major insurance provider Sirius of notes structured to qualify in multiple jurisdictions as Tier-2 regulatory capital
Viking Global as an anchor investor in the IPO of the special purpose acquisition company J2 Acquisition Limited
Coca-Cola Company in the listing of Coca-Cola European Partners on the London Stock Exchange, Euronext Amsterdam, the New York Stock Exchange and the Madrid Stock Exchange. Also in the premium listing on the London Stock Exchange of Coca-Cola Hellenic
- “United Kingdom” chapter, Getting the Deal Through: Securities Finance 2019 (co-author), May 2019
- “The New Prospectus Regulation – The Story So Far” (co-author), March 2019
- “FCA Creates a New Premium Listing Category for Sovereign Controlled Companies” (co-author), July 2018
- “Turkish IPOs in Istanbul and London – Key Issues for Market Participants” (co-author), March 2018
- “Market Abuse Regulation: Impact on U.S. Public Companies - Parts I, II and III,” The Banking Law Journal (co-author), January-March 2017
- “Debt Capital Markets 2015,” Getting the Deal Through, (Law Business Research Ltd.) (co-author), May 2015.
- Participating on Technology, Social Media and the Securities Law Panel at PLI’s Fourteenth Annual Institute on Securities Regulation in Europe, January 19, 2015.
- Presenting on a panel on “Impact of Regulation” at AFME’s 9th Annual European High Yield Conference, October 7, 2014.
- Presenting on “Consumer & Tech” panel at the London Stock Exchange Group - Russia & CIS Conference, June 5, 2014.
- Presenting on a panel on “IPOs and Listings on International Stock Exchanges” during ABA - Section of International Law 2014 Spring Meeting, April 2, 2014.
- Presenting Corporate Law: London Stock Exchange Rules’ at Lexis Nexis Webinar, March 10, 2014.
- Co-editor of and Contributor, European Securities Law (Second Edition Oxford University Press), 2014.
- Presenting “Trends in Secondary Capital Raisings” at Lexis Nexis Conference - Listed Company Law & Regulation, December 12, 2013.
- Corporate Governance and Regulatory Changes for Russian DR Issuers - Panel discussion on New Requirements Affecting Depositary Receipts, October 9, 2013.
- Presentation at Citigroup’s event The A to Z of Depositary Receipts – Recent Legal Developments in Social Media Disclosure, May 22, 2013.
- Lexis Nexis Webinar - Corporate Law: Investigating changes to the Listing Rules, January 28, 2013.
- Have the Changes to the UK Listing Regime Been a Success?, May 2011.
- The Listing Regime 2011 - Review of the Operation and Future of UK Securities Regulation, March 16, 2011.
- “Preparing to List Depositary Receipts,” The London Stock Exchange’s Guide to Listing on the London Stock Exchange (White Page Ltd.) (co-authored with Stephen Glasper), November 2010.
- Lexis Nexis Conference - Review of UK Securities Regulatory Regime, May 11, 2010.
- Lexis Nexis Conference - Listing Options for Overseas Companies, March 23, 2010.
- Presentation to Citigroup - Drafting a Management’s Discussion and Analysis/Operating and Financial Review, March 18, 2010.
- An Overview of Capital Markets - Presentation to the London School of Economics, October 30, 2009.
- The Listing Regime - Listing Overseas Companies and Other Entities, April 2, 2009.
- The Listing Regime – Presentation on Overseas Companies – The Key Routes to the London Market, April 16, 2008.
- City & Financial FSA Listing Regime Conference - Presentation on Price Sensitive Information, April 11, 2008.
- London Stock Exchange Listing Structure Review - Conference Presentation: Cleary Gottlieb – The Listing Structure Debate, March 17, 2008.
- Cleary Gottlieb Presentation to the London Stock Exchange – Primary Markets Group - Listing Standards, Due Diligence and Sponsors, October 30, 2007.
- ICMA Seminar - New Transparency Rules – What Impact Will They Have on the Market?, January 22, 2007.
January 24, 2019
April 18, 2018
January 24, 2018
December 12, 2017
November 28, 2017
November 20, 2017
October 07, 2017
September 12, 2017
June 21, 2017
January 26, 2017
March 23, 2015
June 12, 2014
March 20, 2012
March 15, 2012
February 22, 2012
March 16, 2011
October 30, 2009
April 02, 2009